Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Grateful.

Last night, I've asked some of my friends about simple things they are thankful for. I have received the staple answers like good health, the gift of life, complete limbs, work, positivity, food, love of family and friends to practical ones like the internet and breakfast. I am not complaining. I've gotten what I've asked for. With this kind of question, there's no right or wrong answer. There's just one thing missing. And that, for me, is the thing I am thankful for. I'm going to share it to everyone when I am ready.

But for now, if I were to answer that I'd say I am grateful for the people I encounter everyday. They make me want to move forward with my advocacy. I have also been reminded to put a huge element of fun in everything I do, not just for me, but for the people around me.

Here are some of the replies that I have gotten:

"I am thankful for the supportive people around me. They are the ones who give me strength to continue doing what I do." -Karen, medical student



"(I'm) thankful for spontaneity. Most of the good things come unexpectedly." -Chloe, registered nurse


"The smile on the cute barista's face when I get a cup of coffee." -Anjo, student


Big things, small things, I hope we can find something to be thankful for. Let's celebrate the gift of life together and be in the attitude of gratefulness all the time.

-#KPC

No comments:

Post a Comment